Page 1 of 1

[Solved] Conditional drop down list

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:42 pm
by mods01350
I have posted a question previously but not sure if this the way to do it again.
Anyway, I would like to create a drop down list which selects a list of data depending on the cell before it.
I attach a sample spreadsheet.
If Fab1 is selected in the drop down list cell c1, rhen the DRop Down lIst in D1 would have BLue Green and Red as the options. If however, Fab2 was selected, the colours in the DDL would be Blue Purple Grey.
It's probably dead easy, but I'm just not quite getting it ...... ( I hope its not a huge formula thats needed... IF( ....) etc as tried this and could not get it to work)

Mods01350

Re: Conditional drop down list

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 pm
by Villeroy
An example with cities of selected country: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... php?id=333
menu:Data>Validation...

Re: Conditional drop down list

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:07 pm
by mods01350
Thats just fantastic. Thanks Villaroy.
Can you reccommend a good text for in depth explanations and examples of the use of formulas in Spreadsheets, or a good on-line resource?

Re: Conditional drop down list

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:44 pm
by Villeroy
Get "Excel'97 for newbees" or any book like that from the flea market.

Re: [Solved] Conditional drop down list

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:05 pm
by Alex1
mods01350 wrote:could not get it to work
Just use double quotes instead of single quotes in the validation of D1.