[Solved] Cannot download the latest OO

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Vøltz

[Solved] Cannot download the latest OO

Post by Vøltz »

Hi all... just migrated to a refurbed MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.6.8.

OO did not make it in the migration process, so I tried downloading the latest version.

I reach SourceForge and get the page with the 5-second download timer widget. The timer reaches zero and nothing happens. The adjacent "Problems Downloading?" button merely refreshes the page, and I get another 5-second countdown to zero. Rinse and repeat.

My firewall is off, and Chrome and Graphic Converter, the two other apps not included in the migration have been downloaded, installed, and are running fine.

TIA for any input!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.x on MacOS 12.6.8
MrProgrammer

Re: Cannot download the latest OO

Post by MrProgrammer »

Vøltz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:05 pm I reach SourceForge and get the page with the 5-second download timer widget. The timer reaches zero and nothing happens.
Read [Tutorial] Mac FAQ where Q03/A03 explains details of the download process. In Safari (which is installed on all Macs) there is a download progress icon and you need to wait until the icon shows that the download has finished. Chrome might have one also but I don't use Google's spyware. Be sure to read Q05/A05 too, then A06/A06 if you need Java. Q50/A50 and/or Q65/A65 might help as well, depending on your situation.

I moved your topic to the Mac OSX forum. Here is my most recent experience with a Mac migration: [Solved] User experience: OpenOffice 4.1.7 on MacOS 10.14.6

Vøltz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:05 pm OO did not make it in the migration process, so I tried downloading the latest version.
Expect to re-install all of your applications from your previous Mac unless they are supplied by Apple as part of MacOS.

Vøltz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:05 pm My firewall is off …
I can download OpenOffice with Safari when the firewall is enabled. I believe that Apple would recommend that you have it enabled for normal usage of your Mac.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).