[Solved] Scan not transferring data

Discuss the word processor
janemorrison

[Solved] Scan not transferring data

Post by janemorrison »

Hi.
I've tried scanning (at 1200dpi) a colour picture into an OpenDocument Text and an OpenDocument Drawing with no success today. The data transfer thingy fills up about 2/3rds of the way then stops, disappears and just leaves me with a blank page. Never had problems before so what's gone wrong please?

Also, while I'm here. Is it possible to have a new text document open with my preferred margin sizes. It drives me crazy thet I've got to resize those awful, chunky default margins every time I start a new doc.

I'd appreciate answers in plain english please, I don't speak 'computer'. Thanks in anticipation, Jane :)
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
openoffice 4.1.5 on windows 10
LastUnicorn

Re: Scan not transferring data

Post by LastUnicorn »

LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10
janemorrison

Post by janemorrison »

Big hugs to LastUnicorn. That solved one problem.

Any takers for my scanning difficulty?
openoffice 4.1.5 on windows 10
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Personally, I always handle the scan in a picture editor first to better control the parameters to optimize the file size and quality, then I save it and import it in Wrtier (or Draw).
See also: [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

If it was me, out of curiosity, I would try doing the scan in LibreOffice.

Scanning apart there are several good reasons to switch to LibreOffice anyway, some of which are mentioned here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10