Colors, too little options

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
Gsoler

Colors, too little options

Post by Gsoler »

Hi!

When trying to make some graphic enhancements to my headings etc. I'm trying out colors for backgrounds, lines etc.
The color-pallet is just very limited. Especially when wanting colors in the the light area, towards white and light grey.
I have relied on Open Office for many years, but now I feel I need to look into Microsoft Office or something to get my job done.

Thanks!
Open Office 4.1.5 win 8.1 x64
RoryOF

Re: Colors, too little options

Post by RoryOF »

You can use a custom colour palette.

One can be over subtle with colour choices, choices that will display on your screen, but which will not transfer with any subtlety to other users' computers or to print output.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Gsoler

Post by Gsoler »

RoryOF wrote:You can use a custom colour palette.

One can be over subtle with colour choices, choices that will display on your screen, but which will not transfer with any subtlety to other users' computers or to print output.
Thank you!

Ok, so I need to go into global > settings > colors
and make my own?

That's nice :)

Would be preferred to have custom colors available all places, but the solution above is an ok workaround.
Open Office 4.1.5 win 8.1 x64
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Have a look using Forum Search (top right of Forum window) for information about colour palettes. The results should show you information on construction, saving and reuse of such custom palettes.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Be extremely careful if you change them because the colours have been carefully chosen to be those which appear the same on screen (as RGB colours) and when printed (as CMYK colours). If you go outside the CMYK gamut your colours will not print correctly.

Read [Solved] What does the CMYK option do? How is it used? for a detailed explanation.
Clipboard01.gif
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.