Label Format Save location

Using them, Making them , Finding them

Label Format Save location

Postby stanheer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:12 am

Before I understood anything, I created a new Label Format for an Avery label 5689, which is not in the Avery list. I saved as Brand "Avery 5689", Type "User". Now that I understand the organization structure a little better, I would like to change this to Brand "User", Type "Avery 5689", or add it to the Avery list. How/can I do this? I do not see an option to delete a Label Format. Where are these templates(?) stored? They do not appear in the Options/Paths/Templates list. Are they actually templates (.ott)? I know I could just save a new one with the right names, but I would rather do it right. Plus, my curiosity has been piqued. Thanks.
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 7
stanheer

Re: Label Format Save location

Postby John_Ha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I think it is somewhere in the User Profile.

About the only thing you can do is reset the profile - see Resetting the user profile which gets rid of it. Keep on checking as you copy back the old profile until it reappears - it's in the last thing copied back.

Let us know if you find it.
LO 6.3.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Return to Templates