Installed new components, Impress text invisible

Discuss the presentation application

Installed new components, Impress text invisible

Postby liastnir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:56 am

Good Evening All,

I use Impress to view Powerpoint slides for my college classes, I am required to extract images to create flash cards. Everything worked fine until a few days ago. The slides are white text on a black background. I re-ran the installer to add OO Draw to my computer, and now all of the text in Impress defaults to black. I've tried checking and unchecking the "Automatic color" box many posts talk about. I've tried setting a custom color scheme with text set to white (Because there is no way I can find to redefine 'Automatic' to white, it's always black in that menu). None of that resolved the issue. The text is all set specifically to black, or if it is 'automatic' then changing the color scheme didn't apply it to the text. I also can't find anyway to just mass select all the text and change it to white. I either have to set the backgrounds to white, or change the text color for each textblock to white. I'm not going to be able to complete my current assignment as a result because I don't have the time to fight the tool. Help would be appreciated.
Windows 7, OpenOffice 4.1.5
liastnir

Re: Installed new components, Impress text invisible

Postby Zizi64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:31 am

Please upload some sample files here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6 on Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps, winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.2.5; AOO4.1.5
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby liastnir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:37 pm

I keep trying, but all of the examples I have are 30MB+. I can add that they are all pptx files; the ppt examples are working fine.
Windows 7, OpenOffice 4.1.5
liastnir

Postby Zizi64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 am

The file size limit is 128 KiB in this forum. You can share the larger sample files on a free file sharing service like the Google drive, Dropbox, ... etc....
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6 on Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps, winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.2.5; AOO4.1.5
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Return to Impress