[Solved] Adding a Report Title in Base

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
andreatk

[Solved] Adding a Report Title in Base

Post by andreatk »

It has taken me all day, but I finally recreated in Base from a report I had done in Access. (I am transitioning from MS to Open Office). The only major problem I have: when I created the report, (I tired with and without using the wizard), the title did NOT come into the design. For the life of me, I cannot get the title to appear on the report. I do what I think is adding a text box to the header, thinking it will produce the title on the report, but it won't. I have worked at this all day and still can't do it. Can someone please tell me how to get a title on my report please. (When I imported my database from access, all the reports and forms imported as tables, making me recreate the reports. I wasn't that good at Access, the belly of the work created was done years ago, so I am like an infant learning how to's all over again! Please be basic with your responses, it is an uphill learning curve for this old brain!
Thank you in advance,
Andrea
:knock:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 64 bit
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Adding a Report Title in Base

Post by Villeroy »

Right-click> Add Report Title
Draw a label control and edit its properties (label, alignment, font etc)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
andreatk

Re: Adding a Report Title in Base

Post by andreatk »

You make it sound so easy. Thanks for the post. Apparently I did some similie of what you said, when I opened it up this morning, the title was there. I will give your simple version a try on the next report I have to make today. Thanks for the help. :)
Andrea
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 64 bit