URE implement

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
paulao

URE implement

Post by paulao »

Hi,
I am URE Implement Java, in Unix, but i have Error:

Error:com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException: no office executable found!

help me, please..

thank you!!!
hol.sten
Volunteer

Re: URE implement

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:Error:com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException: no office executable found!
Is OOo installed? Does OOo run? Which OOo version are you using? Jave version? Operating system (besides it is some Unix which in general is a useless as telling someone has Linux or Windows)? Can you post some code and where you got it from. What do you try to accomplish? Can you post anything at all besides your exception?
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
paulao

Post by paulao »

hi,

Does OOo run????,

iam installed URE, and setting variables enviroment, but run?? dont now.... how do it?

thank you?
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:Does OOo run????,

iam installed URE, and setting variables enviroment, but run?? dont now.... how do it?
So all you did is to install URE? You didn't install OpenOffice.org? If so, an office executable cannot be found! You have to install OOo. Otherwise the error will not disappear.

What do you try to accomplish at all? Sometimes telling us more helps us helping you...
paulao

Post by paulao »

oki...

i do implements java, conversion with UNO, of Ooo.

Locally works correctly. Now we want to implement Unix.

It became a java and is calling for a shell that are setting the values of the environment.

for example:
OPENOFFICE=/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java
OFFICE_EXE=/usr/bin/soffice

But when running back the following message:

CE> /usr/staroffice7/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
CE> Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
CE> or check permissions of your X-Server
CE> (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)

pd.
It seems that I am not clear, it is necessary only if the URE, or equivalent should I install the installer openOffice?
thank you
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:oki...
Ahh, finally some more information...
paulao wrote:i do implements java, conversion with UNO, of Ooo.
So you have written some Java code that uses OOo's UNO API to convert some documents. I got this point.
paulao wrote:Locally works correctly.
What does "Locally" mean? Locally can be everything. Be more specific. OOo version? Operating system (besides it seems not to be a *nix system)? Java version?
paulao wrote:Now we want to implement Unix.
Be more specific! Please.
paulao wrote:It became a java and is calling for a shell that are setting the values of the environment.

for example:
OPENOFFICE=/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java
OFFICE_EXE=/usr/bin/soffice
Can you post more than an example? The two lines above cannot yield to the following message!

But when running back the following message:

CE> /usr/staroffice7/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
CE> Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
CE> or check permissions of your X-Server
CE> (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)
Am I correct guessing that StarOffice 7 is installed on your Unix system? If so and if you try to start StarOffice through your partially posted script, add something like -display 1:0 to your soffice command. Crucial point with OOo and StarOffice is, that it needs an X server running AND available on a *nix system! Always. And sometimes it is necessary to tell OOo / StarOffice which display should be used. It is not always 1:0. This part of the above display option may be different on your system. Perhaps you can try to call 'xhost +' (without the quotes) before you start OOo or StarOffice. Just another guess: You never got through OOo's First Start Wizard on your Unix system? If so, add besides the display parameter also the parameter -nofirststartwizard. Otherwise your conversion will not work!
paulao wrote:it is necessary only if the URE, or equivalent should I install the installer openOffice?
I think that you need URE not at all! Are you using it "Locally"? If so, what for? For a conversion of documents of some sort all you need is an installation of OpenOffice.org or StarOffice! But no URE, neither on Windows, nor on *nix (Linux/Unix).
paulao

Post by paulao »

thank you.

I installed only the URE in my UNIX environment.

I understand that I have or URE or starOffice installed to convert documents through a Java application, or not?, Just one of the two?

And as you mention my application to run Java makes the conversion, I asked a client X-windows?

many thanks.
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:I installed only the URE in my UNIX environment.
That does not suffice! The URE is not appropriate for your task.
paulao wrote:I understand that I have or URE or starOffice installed to convert documents through a Java application, or not?, Just one of the two?
If you want to use OOo to convert documents, you new OpenOffice.org or StarOffice. You don't need URE at all.

Short advice: Install StarOffice OR OpenOffice.org. Don't install URE.
paulao wrote:And as you mention my application to run Java makes the conversion, I asked a client X-windows?
Yes! You need an X server to get your documents converted. StarOffice / OpenOffice.org always need an X server, even if you use -headless. Although, xvfb does suffice as an X server for StarOffice / OpenOffice.org.
paulao

Post by paulao »

Understand....many thanks

But because I need x-windows, if my java program only makes the transfer, I do not need to see them only change in format, doc to pdf

And as you mention, my java program I run it through a unix shell, only need to transfer format.

thanks you.
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:But because I need x-windows, if my java program only makes the transfer, I do not need to see them only change in format, doc to pdf
If you us StarOffice OR OpenOffice.org to convert doc to pdf you need an X server. You need an X server, even if you don't want to see! StarOffice / OpenOffice.org cannot convert without an X server.
paulao

Post by paulao »

ok.

Then, if my java program, the service will call conversion doc to PDF documents, like I need x-server,

I setearlo, if I am running a x.sh that runs the program java conversion?

many thanks
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:Then, if my java program, the service will call conversion doc to PDF documents, like I need x-server,

I setearlo, if I am running a x.sh that runs the program java conversion?
Sorry, but I think I didn't get the point of this question.
paulao

Post by paulao »

OK..

OK, but I have a doubt, A x-server is to have interaction with the application or not?.

I do not need interaction with the application, just call on the services of conversion of documents.

And if so, x-server, thus setting in the unix shell that runs the program java?

Remember, I am running a Java program that makes the conversion.

My java code in the program, it is this style:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=1480

many, many thanks
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

paulao wrote:OK, but I have a doubt,
I already guessed that you have a doubt. For that reason I am repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating that you need an X server or xvfb! Please trust me! Give it one try without available X server and you will trust me.
paulao wrote:A x-server is to have interaction with the application or not?.
Yes, an X server is to have interaction with the application. But, even if you call OOo only from Java, you need OOo up and running. And for that you need an X server or xvfb.
paulao wrote:I do not need interaction with the application, just call on the services of conversion of documents.
Ok, again: You need an X server or xvfb!
paulao wrote:Remember, I am running a Java program that makes the conversion.
One last time in this post: You need an X server or xvfb!

Regards
hol.sten