Help getting multiple pages of template in same document.

Using them, Making them, Finding them
mumof3anglz

Help getting multiple pages of template in same document.

Post by mumof3anglz »

I am using the postcard template to make flashcards for nursing school, however I cant figure out how to have multiple pages of the same template in once document. I have 318 flashcards to make and I don't want to have to save/print them 1 page at a time (4 flashcards). Can someone please help me figure out how to add pages. Thank you in advance I am pretty desperate and running out of time to get this done.
open office 3.3, vista
Hagar Delest

Re: Help getting multiple pages of template in same document

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You've to use different page styles (no need to insert them in fact). At top of the Writer page, there is a link to the online guide, you should have a look at the section about page styles.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

After you have entered the text for your first page, note the page style in use (on status bar at bottom of screen). Turn on / View / Nonprinting characters (or press backwards P key on toolbar). Now position your cursor just before the last backwards P on the screen and /Insert Break : Page Break, and select the page style you noted. Do this for each new page and all should be well.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

I hesitate to mention this, but thins kind of task goes a lot faster if you use the "mail merge" approach. The down side is that it takes some setup time, maybe a lot, if you're new to it.

Basically, you put all your text into a spreadsheet and make one sheet as a sort of template. Then, OOo Writer can pull the text out and put it on the cards, automatically copying and making as many sheets as needed to print all the text.

It may not be a big win for cards that you do once and then never change it, but it's definitely worth it if you need to change anything and print new cards.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23