Importing BibTeX Bibliography

Discuss the word processor
javalava

Importing BibTeX Bibliography

Post by javalava »

I have a substantial database in BibTeX format. How can I import it into Writer's bibliography database?
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Importing BibTeX Bibliography

Post by floris v »

I haven't done a lot with bibl databases, but whenever the subject turns up in the forums I visit, the advice is: Don't use the database in OOo. :mrgreen:
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Afterthought: You're supposed to use Bibus instead.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
javalava

Post by javalava »

Thanks, floris v, I didn't know about Bibus. I'll look into it.
barfoos

Post by barfoos »

You can use some bibtex editor. For example JabRef allows export to various formats, e.g. spread sheet.
You can then create a database that is based on the spread sheet. This database can then be used as your OpenOffice bibliography database.
Maybe you can give it a try, but don't expect too much. I was not able to gain results, that came even close, to what I'm used to from Latex+Bibtex.
But maybe its just me and not OO that is to be held responsible for this poor result.

good look.