LibreOfficeWrite issues

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
AnneRanch

LibreOfficeWrite issues

Post by AnneRanch »

When I add "picture" I get a light blue square of similar dimensions in some kind of "background" .
This "background" bleeds thru ANY windows / forms on any application running "on top " of LibreOfficeWritter .

These also stack on top of each other adding the hue from light blue to darker blue.

Also LibreOfficeWiter frequently locks up or make any other application- running on top sluggish.
Last edited by floris v on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Show Signature, floris v, moderator
OpenOffice Version: 5.1.6.2 on Ubuntu 16.
floris v
Volunteer

Re: LibreOfficeWrite issues

Post by floris v »

Welcome to the forum. You havd probably enabled "Hide graphics and objdcts" in Tools - Options - LibreOffice Writer - View , or in the View menu.

If you have problems with the performance of OpenOffice or LibreOffice, you should file an issue. On this forum users meet users; and developers don't visit it, or rarely.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
AnneRanch

Post by AnneRanch »

Disabling Tools - Options - LibreOffice Writer - View does exactly that - no more images in document.
That is not a solution.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Can you upload a copy of your file or another file that is showing the same problem?
I just tested inserting pictures into a new LibreOffice Writer document, and was unable to see the results you are reporting.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

And please update your signature in this Forum.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do the pics eventually get embedded in the document?
If you save it, close it and reopen, do you see them?

It seems to be linked with the environment (window management).
You can try OpenOffice instead (tutorial for installation on GNU/Linux available in the tutorial section).
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
AnneRanch

Post by AnneRanch »

RusselB wrote:Can you upload a copy of your file or another file that is showing the same problem?
I just tested inserting pictures into a new LibreOffice Writer document, and was unable to see the results you are reporting.
Here is the sample of the problem.

I may try to update to current version.
I'll post the results later.
Attachments
Shadow_2.odt
(27.71 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Did you upload a document with the problem or a document with a picture of the problem? Pictures of problems do not usually help analyze a problem.

There are some overlapping gray rectangles in the picture, but they disappear when the picture is removed. Adding more pictures to the document doesn't add any blue squares.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
AnneRanch

Post by AnneRanch »

Document with the problem.
Of course the blue pattern will go away when I delete the picture.
I can live with that, but it bleeds thru ANY open window / form of ANY application even when I Quit LibreOffice.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Maybe it is a bug, or discontinued feature in the LO 5.X.X versions?

There is not any blue square around or near the picture in your sample document, when I open it with my AOO 4.1.5 portable, nor the LO 4.4.7 portable, nor the permanently installed LibreOffice 6.2.8.
There is not blue square.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Zizi64 wrote:There is not any blue square around or near the picture in your sample document, when I open it
I see the same with AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 19.10 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

AnneRanch wrote:...it bleeds thru ANY open window / form of ANY application even when I Quit LibreOffice.
I don't see how that could happen unless something on your system is caching the images of the blue squares (which I still don't see). Your document contains only one picture without any blue squares.

Are you using Compiz to make windows transparent?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Confirm, I don't get to see any bluish background, nor does it bleed through other windows on top of it.

In this case a screenshot may help, it might give ideas about what is going on. It may also help to reset your user profile. Click here for help how to do that. It may not be much use in this case, but as you have trouble with LO, it might help.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum