Downloads

Talk about anything at all....

Downloads

Postby xgenhanx » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:17 pm

I downloaded my phone log from Spectrum and chose comma for format. The downloaded numbers did not display Parentheses or dashes between the phone numbers as displayed in the Spectrum log.
Is there a way to have them displayed as shown on the Spectrum log?
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
xgenhanx

Re: Downloads

Postby keme » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Most likely there is a way.

If you don't mind sharing the actual log file as you have it (or a non-confidential portion thereof), a picture of how it looks, and also how you want it to look, someone around here might even try to show you the way. Tools to attach files can be found below the edit pane when you post a reply. Tab "Upload attachment".
Last edited by keme on Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keme
Volunteer

Postby RusselB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:41 pm

Format the column(s) that have the phone numbers in them using a custom number format.
Highlight the cell(s) that you want to format, then use Ctrl+1 to call up the formatting dialog.
Alternatively, create and use a custom template with the formatting already in place.
The reason the numbers don't have that format in the log that you downloaded, is that the log doesn't actually have them in it. The program that generates the Spectrum log inserts them when viewing that log.
The reason they aren't included, is that not all numbers will fit that format. It is my understanding that only North American numbers actually match the (###)###-#### format.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and LibreOffice 6.0.6.2 on Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Re: Downloads Open Office

Postby xgenhanx » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:04 am

Hi, here is what I downloaded 5418241623-09-30-2019_08-58-31-26-31.csv
xgenhanx

Postby RusselB » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:34 am

Try attaching the file again.
All that showed is the name of the file, but no link to an attachment.
Use the PostReply button, not the QuickReply, and use the Upload attachment tab and dialog located below the area where a response is entered.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and LibreOffice 6.0.6.2 on Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Postby xgenhanx » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:25 am

Hi, RussellB. I think I get it. I am 82 years old and not well acquainted with computers. I want to thank you and let you know how much I appreciate your help. I will let you know if I did it right.
xgenhanx

Return to General Discussion