[Solved] Compile extension using Options Dialog

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org

[Solved] Compile extension using Options Dialog

Postby Bastien » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 pm

I created an extension that use a conf file outside LibO. I'd like my extension config to be editable and kept in the LibO registry as it seems to be the right way to proceed.

For now, I have added two conf files to the description block in the extension compiler.
- config.xcs
- config.xcu
After compilation they're correctly append to Manifest.xml (which is not bad!).
But how do I build a dialog box to handle these values (for testing purpose, only 2 strings)? And how do I link this dialog box to the config files?
It would be great to have an example of compiler with option ! Examples here https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Packager doesn't explain a such feature.

Edit: I've edited my dialog box using the LibO dialog box editor. The option button is activated now. It's a good point, even if it doesn't show nothing for now. 
Last edited by Bastien on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LibreOffice 6.1.1.2 on Ubuntu 18.04
Bastien

Re: Compile extension using dialog option

Postby Bastien » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:36 pm

I've pushed on a Github public repository a cookiecutter code that creates a starter boilerplate for an OOo extension including options dialog in less than 1 minutes.

https://github.com/bastien34/cookiecutter_ooo_extension

Contributors are welcomed ! I've got a bug for now. Options are only available in Options menubar, not from the extension manager. It's surely easy to fix... And there's in the final extension file some files that shouldn't be there.

So you can create in one command line your extension:

Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
cookiecutter git@github.com:bastien34/extension_feat_options.git

Again, don't hesitate to try, comment... It's fun!
LibreOffice 6.1.1.2 on Ubuntu 18.04
Bastien

Return to Extensions