[Solved] Cannot create mail association

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
shayleh

[Solved] Cannot create mail association

Post by shayleh »

Can not send mail from 4.1.5 and eror msg says I need to create an association with my email account.. However "open office ' is not listed as a protocol..... How do i solve this situation ………. Or even simpler how can I mail a doc from 4.1.5 //
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.5...?????? WIN10 64 PRO
FJCC

Re: CAN NOT CREATE MAIL ASSOCIATION

Post by FJCC »

OpenOffice will use your default email application, if you have one. What tool do you use to send email? If you only use an on line service, like gmail, then OpenOffice cannot access that. In that case, just save your document locally, go to the email service and attach the file from there.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
shayleh

Re: Cannot create mail association

Post by shayleh »

answers the problem ……… T>U> …………….-shayleh
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.5...?????? WIN10 64 PRO
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Cannot create mail association

Post by Zizi64 »

Use the free Thunderbird e-mail client software. It works fine for me with the LibreOffice and with the Apache OpenOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.