All Docs Disappeared

Talk about anything at all....

All Docs Disappeared

Postby skinamarink » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 am

Opened OO today in order to open a document -- all documents (thousands, organized in file folders) have disappeared - no folders, nothing, as if I'd opened the program for the first time to use it.
I've also tried "File Explorer" to find and open docs - same thing, all gone. I'm on Windows 10 and interestingly, the "OneDrive" section (if I use File Explorer) has also disappeared. Interestingly, I never had my docs in OneDrive anyway -- I had too many, so I stored them in the "This PC" section, under Documents.
Any ideas? Is there another method to see if I can find the file path to the docs?
(Nothing has happened that i know of to account for this - there's been no unusual event I can think of that migh thave caused it)
Thanks in advance for your help!
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
skinamarink

Re: All Docs Disappeared

Postby Hagar Delest » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:20 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Hardly an OpenOffice problem. No restore of the machine to a former restore point?
No one accessed the machine?
Have you checked the machine for malware?
AOO 4.1.5 on Xubuntu 18.04 and on Windows 7 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Re: All Docs Disappeared

Postby Bill » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm

If you have more than one account on the machine, did you open the right account? If you right-click the Documents folder and select Properties, does the Documents Properties dialog show any files and folders in the Documents folder?
AOO 4.1.5 and LO 6.0.3.2 on Manjaro MATE
Bill
Volunteer

Return to General Discussion