RETURN unreliable

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
Tolwen

RETURN unreliable

Post by Tolwen »

See mother thread Long list of issues for magazine publication for overarching theme.

This behaviour was similar to the one where a page break was not displayed. Only after closing and re-opening the file I could check whether the return was indeed accepted.
Visit Other Minds Magazine, an international journal devoted to academic and gaming interests in Tolkien's imaginary world of Middle-earth.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: RETURN unreliable

Post by TheGurkha »

I've never seen this behaviour.

As mentioned in the other thread the only way we'll see what you're seeing is if you upload a file. Your file is too big to go there, so use something like MediaFire, which is a free file hosting site.

I've a sneaky feeling that the end result of all this will be some good avice to use a DTP program instead of a word-processor to achieve what you need. (There are good free, open source ones of those too ;) ).
Last edited by TheGurkha on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Tolwen

Re: RETURN unreliable

Post by Tolwen »

I added links for our files in the parent thread (link see above)

Thanks
Thomas
Visit Other Minds Magazine, an international journal devoted to academic and gaming interests in Tolkien's imaginary world of Middle-earth.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP