[Solved] GETQUOTE and base

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
bhilton

[Solved] GETQUOTE and base

Post by bhilton »

Is it possible to use GETQUOTE in a macro for a baseform? If so, would someone please show me the statements (code) to set it up. I've used it in calc and like the results so much I want to use it in base.
I'm using Windows 7, and OO version 4.1.0
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob
Last edited by bhilton on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Hilton
Open Office 4.1.0
Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: GETQUOTE and base

Post by Villeroy »

GetQuote is written in Java. The Java code can be used in various ways. For instance, it should be possible to integrate the function in the HSQL database engine or any other Java database engine, so you can use the function in a query. But this requires a programmer willing to do the job.

It is very easy to use Calc as kind of reporting engine for databases connected to Base. The best (and least known) feature is that you can add spreadsheet functions automatically adjusting to a dynamically changing import range. You dump a query result to A1:M99 (column labels in first row, data in A2:M99), add a formula to N2, refresh the import range and the formula will be copied down until N99. The formula range adjusts dynamically to the size of the import range, any references to the import range or to the adjusted formula range will be resized as well.
[Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
bhilton

Post by bhilton »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Bob Hilton
Open Office 4.1.0
Windows 7
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

Villeroy wrote:GetQuote is written in Java. The Java code can be used in various ways. For instance, it should be possible to integrate the function in the HSQL database engine or any other Java database engine, so you can use the function in a query. But this requires a programmer willing to do the job.

It is very easy to use Calc as kind of reporting engine for databases connected to Base. The best (and least known) feature is that you can add spreadsheet functions automatically adjusting to a dynamically changing import range. You dump a query result to A1:M99 (column labels in first row, data in A2:M99), add a formula to N2, refresh the import range and the formula will be copied down until N99. The formula range adjusts dynamically to the size of the import range, any references to the import range or to the adjusted formula range will be resized as well.
[Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc
I will give this a try as well.

Dream
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.