Spellchecker dictionaries for OpenOffice for Android?

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Ed Jones

Spellchecker dictionaries for OpenOffice for Android?

Post by Ed Jones »

I downloaded OpenOffice for Android from the Google Play Store and was pleased to find that when I attach a keyboard, toggle the print layout, take away all the toolbars, the status bar, the scroll bars and the rulers, Writer becomes acceptable software for writings of several thousand words, even with only a 7 inch 1024p screen. (Fullscreen mode was no good for me as some of the text was cut short at the right of the screen, regardless of the zoom level). My only complaint is that OOA not only comes without working spellchecker but also that the "More Dictionaries On-line" link does not work from the Tools -> Language menu. A hit of F7 brings up the spellcheck box and a message box saying immediately that "the spellcheck is complete" which is not true, presumably because there are no dictionaries installed. I cannot find any further apps in the Google Play store to download OpenOffice dictionaries and get the spellchecker working.

Could somebody please instruct me as to how to download a British English dictionary and where to install it on my tablet so as to get the OOA spellchecker working? Thanks, I would really appreciate some help with this.

- Ed Jones
OpenOffice for Android v1.4.1 on Android v4
RoryOF

Re: Spellchecker dictionaries for OpenOffice for Android?

Post by RoryOF »

We have little experience with OO for Android. I'd suggest you try to contact the person who ported it to Android and ask him.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
andropenoffice

Re: Spellchecker dictionaries for OpenOffice for Android?

Post by andropenoffice »

Sorry, it is under developing now.

https://sites.google.com/site/andropenoffice/todo
OpenOffice 3.4.1
AndrOpen Office