Add Narration to Presentation

Discuss the presentation application

Add Narration to Presentation

Postby brandon.koontz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:17 pm

To whomever can help me out,

I have been trying for hours now, and just simply cannot figure out how to add a soundclip or narration to my slides in my presentation. I don't know if it's my PC, or the OS it's running, or if maybe the OpenOffice 3.3 software itself??? Can someone or anyone please help me with this?!

Thanks a bunch,
Brandon K. 3.3, Windows 7

Re: Add Narration to Presentation

Postby RoryOF » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Have you prepared your soundbites? If they are prepared and recorded, they can be inserted to each slide by Impress / Insert / Movie and Sound. The actual format may present a problem; usually if a media clip can be played in Windows Media Player outside of Impress, then it will play within Impress.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Xubuntu 15.10 (mostly 64 bit version) and infrequently on Win2K/XP

Re: Add Narration to Presentation

Postby sylvaticus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm interested as well, but I think that's a "missing feature"... you would have to manually register->insert in the slide(s)->adjust the timing of the slide(s) with in MS Office you can do it from the same interface and slide timing and narration times are automatically synchronised.. it's years I wait for this feature in OOO (no, unfortunatly I don't have the competences to code it myself.. :-((( )

Return to Impress