[Solved] Assign Key for Macro on Mac OSX

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua

[Solved] Assign Key for Macro on Mac OSX

Postby manningrl » Thu May 26, 2011 5:21 am

I have successfully built the macro I want and it runs correctly when I call it manually from the menu.
I have followed the instructions for assigning a keyboard shortcut but, when I run it using the key combination, all that happens is that the screen minimizes.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
Last edited by manningrl on Fri May 27, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 with Mac OSX
manningrl

Re: Assign Key for Macro on Mac OSX

Postby Hagar Delest » Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!

What shortcut have you used?
AOO 4.1.6 on Xubuntu 19.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 7 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Re: Assign Key for Macro on Mac OSX

Postby MrProgrammer » Thu May 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

There are apparently some limitations, which may not be well documented, on which shortcut keys can be used in OOo on a Mac. See Ctrl key not recognized. And Mac OS X is also looking at keystrokes (via , System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts) and potentially taking actions on them, so there could be conflicts between the OOo and OS X assignments. You may need to use a different shortcut than the one you had planned to use. Or you may need to first make changes to the OS X assignments in the System Preferences dialog. I'd advise you to avoid using the standard OS X shortcut keys like ⌘Space, ⌘Comma, ⌘., ⌘`, ⌘?, ⌘H, ⌘M, ⌘Q, ⇑⌘Q, ⌘W, ⇑[⌥]⌘3, ⇑[⌥]⌘4 that are discussed in Finder > Help > Mac Help as shortcut keys for OOo.

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.5 Build 9789 on MacOS 10.11.6.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
MrProgrammer

Re: [SOLVED] Assign Key for Macro on Mac OSX

Postby manningrl » Fri May 27, 2011 5:23 am

Thank you for the help. It did turn out to be the key sequence I was assigning to the macro.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 with Mac OSX
manningrl

Return to Mac OSX