Post by sendilkelm »

Hi!
The left brace bracket of equation set is extremely thin:

http://skocz.pl/wzorek11

How can I make it more convex?
Hagar Delest

Re: Thin brace bracket

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you post here the code used for that nice example so we can check on our system? (use the Code BBCode tags just above the text area).
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
sendilkelm

Post by sendilkelm »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Can you post here the code used for that nice example so we can check on our system? (use the Code BBCode tags just above the text area).
Of course. This is it:

Code: Select all

left lbrace

stack{

{d {hat i}_n} over dt = {{u_{n_mean}} - R cdot {hat i}_n - K_e cdot {hat %omega} cdot {{dL_{%TETA_n} (hat %TETA)} over {d hat %TETA}} cdot sat ({hat i}_n)} over {L_C + L_{%TETA_n}(hat %TETA) cdot {{dsat({hat i}_n)} over {d {hat i}_n}}}+K_i cdot %DELTA i_n  # {} # alignl

{d {hat %omega}_n} over {alignc{dt}} = K_%omega cdot %DELTA i_n # {} # alignl

%DELTA i_n = {hat i}_n - i_n 

}

right none
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Same for me. As a workaround, you can use the bracket of the Drawing toolbar (Symbol shapes switch with the smiley) instead of the formula editor one. Perhaps someone more familiar with the formulas will come with a better idea.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

I agree: the bracket is a bit too thin.

Fortunately you can use this:
  • bold
    left lbrace nbold ...
to make the bracket bold, which gives you this: exbold.png (Sorry, you have to click the link--giving you the image would ruin the punch line ;-))

I think you're stuck with the thin bracket. As far as I can find, this has not been reported, although this is close: Issue 21628: Microsoft Equation editor styled scalable parenthesis needed.

You can register there and add a comment asking that issue to be re-opened, or file a new, more specific request. Either way, you should include a screenshot (which you already have), and (if possible) an example of what it should look like.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23