Impress not saving as powerpoint

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
veetwin

Impress not saving as powerpoint

Post by veetwin »

I am using Open Office 3.0 on a Mac running OSX 10.5.6
When I try to save a presentation from Impress as a MS Powerpoint it gives me an error message that says file cannot be written.
It will save it fine as an Open Office file, but not a MS Powerpoint.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Ross
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + Win XP
hamstermoon

Re: Impress not saving as powerpoint

Post by hamstermoon »

I was having this problem last week exactly. It drove me bonkers and I was on a nightmare deadline as I was rewriting a lecture overnight. I even tried using NeoOffice but there must have been something very wrong with the file as even that didn't fix it.

In the end I had to export the Impress file to an acrobat file - I showed it as a PDF slideshow. Was quite impressed actually. Doesn't have the fancy animation (I actually don't use that anway) but has everything else including the web address links nicely embedded. I know this isn't what you need (sounds like a technical problem someone needs to fix IMHO) but Acrobat got me out of a tight spot.

The other thing is to take your own laptop, with OpenOffice on it, and attach that to the smartboard / projector to do the presentation. That was what I was doing too at one point and it gets round the MS Office problem all together, because, to be honest, I CAN'T ABIDE Office 97 at all ...
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx other + Windows Vista