[Dropped] Filter onto another sheet

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Dellboy

[Dropped] Filter onto another sheet

Post by Dellboy »

I have a spreadsheet that wa smade inoffice but when the operating system was upgraded to windows 11 all macros were removed .
So i need to re write these .
the idea is by clicking on a seperate button (marked stock) diffent colours in column 1 are found and a copy of the whole row is sent to another sheet on the spread sheet called stock .
I am a complete beginer i appologise if im saying somthing stupid

Edit: Changed subject, was Sort onto another sheet 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No changed document been uploaded -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.15 ON windows 11
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: sort onto another sheet

Post by Zizi64 »

I have a spreadsheet that was made in office but when the operating system was upgraded to windows 11 all macros were removed .
Then your macros was not stored inside the document. Always create backup copies of your important data, documents, macros, etc.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Sort onto another sheet

Post by Hagar Delest »

Your description of your macro is definitively vague.
You should check the documentation first, write as much as possible of the macro and then ask precise questions on blocking points.
If someone else wrote the macro and you just used it, it will be quite a challenge to rewrite it. Especially if you never wrote any macro at all.
Several topics in this forum with links to documentation. I have moved your post to the section about macros.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Have you tried the macro recorder - sounds like it might be able to do what you're asking, or some of it? How did you do them the first time as you talk about rewriting?
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Dellboy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 am I have a spreadsheet that wa smade inoffice but when the operating system was upgraded to windows 11 all macros were removed .
Don't you have a backup of your user profile? I suspect that was where your macros were stored. Unless the macros were created or changed recently even an old backup would be of value to recover them.

Dellboy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 am [criteria] are found and a copy of the whole row is sent to another sheet on the spread sheet called stock .
The forum has many topics about filtering data onto separate sheets. You can review them and read what others have done.

2011-02-08: [Solved] Display only items with value > 0
2011-04-20: [Solved] Filter one sheet to many consistently
2012-02-05: [Solved] Split list into different sheets
2012-05-23: [Solved] Copying only marked rows to another sheet
2014-04-18: [Solved] Populate multiple sheets from master sheet
2014-04-20: [Solved] Filtered data results copied to new sheet?
2014-08-05: [Solved] Create list of lines with 1 in column
2015-03-03: [Solved] Filtering feature needed
2022-01-17: [Solved] If cell contains 1 then copy row to another sheet
2022-07-21: [Solved] Payroll for Independent Contractors

Dellboy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 am … different colours …
Read the caution about using formatting as selection criteria in section 9. Using functions and cell ranges of Ten concepts that every Calc user should know.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Dellboy

Post by Dellboy »

Hagar Delest wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:59 am Your description of your macro is definitively vague.
You should check the documentation first, write as much as possible of the macro and then ask precise questions on blocking points.
If someone else wrote the macro and you just used it, it will be quite a challenge to rewrite it. Especially if you never wrote any macro at all.
Several topics in this forum with links to documentation. I have moved your post to the section about macros.
Indeed i did write the question very badly . perhaps adding a sample of the spread sheet would help explain it .

column c has colours in it i wish to sort each colour and insert into a seperate sheet on the spreadsheet therby giving reports on stock and sales etc .
Originally this was done by clicking in a cell marked 'sales' 'stock' etc the imformation then listed into a seperate sheet .
ex spread.ods
(15.54 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Documents you post should have sensitive information removed.

Column c only has green or no color in it.

By a separate sheet you seem to mean a sheet in a different document? Perhaps you could make a simple version (with sensitive information removed) of part of the original and the matching result sheet?
Dellboy

Post by Dellboy »

JeJe wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:09 pm Documents you post should have sensitive information removed.

Column c only has green or no color in it.

By a separate sheet you seem to mean a sheet in a different document? Perhaps you could make a simple version (with sensitive information removed) of part of the original and the matching result sheet?
The edited part sent indeed has one colour so sent a larger selection with imformation changed for security (as was the first one .Sheet on the same document is what is required
Hope you can come up with the answer
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

There's no changed document been uploaded.

Did you try MrProgrammer's suggestion, he's added more links to his post above?