Mac OS: Cmd-V doesn't paste text into a text field

Creating and using forms
Panaiotis82

Mac OS: Cmd-V doesn't paste text into a text field

Post by Panaiotis82 »

Database forms:
Is there a setting somewhere that prevents the standard keyboard Command-V from pasting text into a form text field? Currently, the only way to paste is to right-click and select "paste." All other editing shortcuts (Copy, Undo) work fine. Other parts of OO and most other parts of Base work as expected. This is only an issue in Base form text fields.
OpenOffice 4.1.15
Mac OS 13.5.2
MrProgrammer

Re: Mac OS: Cmd-V doesn't paste text into a text field

Post by MrProgrammer »

Panaiotis82 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:17 pm Is there a setting somewhere that prevents the standard keyboard Command-V from pasting text into a form text field? … This is only an issue in Base form text fields.
Q60 suggests that this is how MacOS works now and no OpenOffice setting controls the behavior. Q37 doesn't apply to your question. I don't use Base forms.
Q60: Why can't I paste the file name into the Open/Save dialog?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Panaiotis82

Re: Mac OS: Cmd-V doesn't paste text into a text field

Post by Panaiotis82 »

Command-V works in all text fields of OO except those that are in a Base table or form. It seems odd that this would be related to Q60, unless the underlying Base code uses the same code Apple uses for its Open/Save dialog.
OpenOffice 4.1.15
Mac OS 13.5.2