[Solved] Crash after copy to clipboard

Discuss the spreadsheet application
2stroke1971

[Solved] Crash after copy to clipboard

Post by 2stroke1971 »

This a new PC, Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621.

So far, the actions which cause a crash are as follows: selecting a cell or a few and then copying...before I can think about pasting it crashes.

Also, it crashes on using the "cut" feature. And I mean crashes. Freezes up, never becomes responsive and eventually disappears prompting a Windows message about the failure and asking to send diagnostic data etc. Both of these scenarios would require access to the clipboard so I suspect that the underlying cause has to do with Calc's access of Windows clipboard. In any case, I have read numerous posts and solutions such as "copying the whole sheet into a new sheet" and updating this or that, or uninstalling recently installed drivers etc. Well the behaviour happens even with a new blank sheet, Open Office is the first thing I have installed on this PC. Maybe I should revert to an older version of open office.

Any ideas here?
Thanks

Edit: Changed subject, was  
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Open Office 4.1.15 on Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Calc crashing on certain actions

Post by FJCC »

Go to Start > Settings, Click Clipboard on the System tab and turn off Suggested Actions; if that doesn't help, try turning off Clipboard History
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.