[Solved] Drawing much larger in PDF than in Draw

Discuss the drawing application
alupo

[Solved] Drawing much larger in PDF than in Draw

Post by alupo »

I'm having a little yet very annoying problem. I have an ODG file that when exported to PDF it renders much larger (dimensionally) than it shows in LibreOffice Draw (checked with the Fit Width display option). I suspect some off-page elements, but I've increased the page size to ridiculous amounts, I've used Ctrl-A to select all (and even deleted it) and the problem persists. Any other strategies to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Changed subject, was Off-Page Elements 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited topic's subject
/Alex

LibreOffice 7.5.9.2 (X84_64) on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Off-Page Elements

Post by FJCC »

Can you upload the file? To do that, click Post Reply and look for the Attachments tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
alupo

Post by alupo »

It figures, just as I posted, the problem seems to only show in SumatraPDF viewer and not in web-browsers. I'll keep looking for the cause but it may not be an LOD problem. I attached the files in case you want to have a look anyway.
Attachments
Padding.pdf
(15.18 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Padding.odg
(10.81 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
/Alex

alupo

Post by alupo »

I'll mark this as solved, it doesn't seem to be LOD, it's rendering fine in Acrobat too.... Thanks for looking into it and sorry for not doing a better troubleshooting process on my end.
/Alex

alupo

Post by alupo »

User error. It took me two hours to realize this, my PDF viewer was set to book view which renders side-by-side pages (which when set to fit width allows padding for a second page even if that page does not exist).
Last edited by alupo on Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Alex