[Solved] Editing macro creates software exception

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Davidcannon65

[Solved] Editing macro creates software exception

Post by Davidcannon65 »

Hi. I'm trying to edit my macro module. Most things work perfectly, but if I try to press backspace to delete a paragraph break in the macro module, OpenOffice crashes and I get an error message saying something like "unknown software exception 0x0000417 in Location 0x5932ccd5". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with the same result.

I'm using Windows 8.1.

NB, I can edit the macros any way I want to — except that one. It won't allow me to remove paragraph breaks, either by the Backspace button or by the CUT command.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.
David Cannon
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Windows 8.1
robleyd

Re: Editing macro creates software exception

Post by robleyd »

I'm using Windows 8.1. I don't know why it says below that it's Windows 10
Not an answer to your immediate problem, but... What is in your signature is controlled by you; perhaps you haven't changed the information you provided when you registered on the forum. See How to update your signature
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Davidcannon65

Post by Davidcannon65 »

Thanks! Done that.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Try running in Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem. You'll have to look up how to get Windows 8.1 into Safe Mode if you don't already know.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Try copy and paste the whole module into another one. If that doesn't work use Notepad as an intermediary (paste to Notepad first then copy it all again) and do the same thing.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Davidcannon65

Post by Davidcannon65 »

@FJCC — safe mode? Did that, the problem was still there.

@JeJe — your solution worked! I had to painstakingly copy every single module to a new one, delete the original one, then rename the new one to the original name. It took me almost an hour (I had a lot of them), but your solution worked. They are working perfectly now. Thank you SO MUCH!