[Solved] Error in script file: out of memory

Discuss the database features
AfTech54

Post by AfTech54 »

Hi!
I'm recording all my photos and films (apr. 11500 p) in basedocument.
I entered som info today and saved my Base document and after that I couldn't open OOO at all. So I restarted my laptop and after that I could open OOO and my base file. But when I try to open forms or the SQL dialog in the base document I get a fail message.
"It's not possible to connect to the data source"
"error in script file line 27 out of memory"
Even if I replace the document with an older version (from MS OneDrive) I'll get the same problem?

I found one version a couple of hours old that worked. But still curious of what happened.

Edit: Changed subject, was Problem with base 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Attachments
Problem 2024.jpg
Problem 2024.jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Ooo v4.1.9, Windows 10
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Error in script file: out of memory

Post by Bidouille »

AfTech54 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:52 pm I'm recording all my photos and films (apr. 11500 p) in basedocument.
Read what is posted on this forum.
The application loads the entire database into memory.
So it is therefore recommended to store images outside and use links instead.
AfTech54

Post by AfTech54 »

Sorry, I was indistinct with "recording", I'm not storing my photos or films in the DB. I'm just recording "metadata" like dates, filenames, persons, locations etc to each photo. So the size of the doc/db right now is just 2,7 Mb.
Ooo v4.1.9, Windows 10
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

2.7 Mb seems huge. Maybe you have ghost objects in your ODB
Try this: https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... db-cleaner
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Embedded Base databases where everything is stored in a single zip archive are susceptible to data corruption. 2.7 MB is probably larger than many but I have several larger including one that is 38 MB that loads without a hitch.
The larger the table data the longer it takes to complete the zip process and if it is interrupted it can result in a corrupt .odb file.
Any sort of software crash while the database is open can cause problems plus laptop users who close the case without completing the shutdown process seem to see this problem more often than others.
As you found keeping archival backups is essential.
To minimize the chance of that happening the table data can be stored outside of the .odb file.
viewtopic.php?t=61183
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
AfTech54

Post by AfTech54 »

Hi and thanks all!
I ran Shutdown Compact and the data decreased from 2,7 Mb to 2,5. I've also downloaded the Optimizer. The second suggestion about storing tables outside Base - I'm to unexperienced to try that:-)
It's possible that i did something with my laptop, but not sure what. Anyway but I found a backup copy with all the latest data so I'm back in business again. I've also have copied all my tables into csv files as a second backup.
Ooo v4.1.9, Windows 10