[Solved] Delete gallery themes

Discuss the drawing application
Yellow Lizard

[Solved] Delete gallery themes

Post by Yellow Lizard »

How do I delete unwanted themes in the gallery?
I am aware I cannot delete the 'standard' themes (red) but I am trying to delete themes I have created myself (green) in the past but are no longer needed, these galleries are now empty. I am also aware that the answer is - go to the list of themes, right click on the theme I wish to delete and then click on delete. However the problem is that when I click on the theme, either right or left, absolutely nothing happens.
I have also noticed that I cannot add any images to the theme either. (Not that I want to but thought I'd mention it in case it helps identify the problem!)
Any help would be gratefully appreciated as it gets very tiresome scrolling through loads of themes that don't do anything to get to the one I want.
Thanks
Last edited by Yellow Lizard on Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.13 on Windows 11 Home
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Delete gallery themes

Post by Zizi64 »

However the problem is that when I click on the theme, either right or left, absolutely nothing happens.
I have also noticed that I cannot add any images to the theme either.
I suppose that your User profile is damaged. (I can delete and user defined Theme from the Gallery even if it is empty or not from my AOO 4.1.13 Portable.)

Try to reset (rename or delete) your User Profile. The custom Themes are stored in the Profile.
Archive you macros, and user settings before, because you will lost your macros, custom settings when you delete the User Profile. (This is a reason why better to rename the Profile: you will able to rtestore is after the trying.

The AOO will create a new Profile (at a new launching of the AOO) after you renamed the existing profile.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Yellow Lizard

Re: Delete gallery themes

Post by Yellow Lizard »

Brilliant! That worked perfectly, thank you so much.

Took me a while to work out where the 'User Profile' was, but after saving any gallery pictures I still wanted, I deleted the profile, restarted OO, put the pictures I'd saved back into a new theme in the gallery and now everything is working without loads of redundant themes!

Thanks again.
Open Office 4.1.13 on Windows 11 Home