[Solved] Can't password-protect my macro library

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
alf50

[Solved] Can't password-protect my macro library

Post by alf50 »

SOLVED- OO4.1.14 will not let me Password protect my Macro Library.

In earlier versions, I could create a library associated with my Calc Spread Sheet, debug the code, then before allowing others to use the application, I would go to the Basic Macro library, click on the Password Protect button add a password, retype the password and the Macro code was useable but protected from anyone else modifying it.

Now when I follow all those steps, then quit and Save the application, then reopen it, I can still view and modify the macros without ever being challenged for the password. when I go back to the Library password dialog, everything is again BLANK?

What is going on ? ? ?
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Mac Catalina(10.15.7), RasPi4B (TwisterOS-8/2023update) & MS Wnds10
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: OO4.1.14 will not let me Password protect my Macro Library

Post by Bidouille »

For this to work, you must have a library named other than "Standard"
alf50

Post by alf50 »

Bidouille, or who ever else might try to respond to my request:

I might not have been clear enough in my original request, but I did create a new "Non-Standard" named Library when I started developing the application. That is why OpenOffice 4.1.14 provided the Password button in the first place. I have tried this on my Window10 Computer as well and I get the same result.

I am running on a Mac Mini, with OS X 10.15 operating system. Would someone else please try to Password protect a simple OO App while using OO4.1.14, create a "Non-Standard" named Macro Library and see if you can Password Protect that Library. I cannot distribute my application to Community Service Club Members until I get this inability to password Protect the Library solved.

THANK YOU in advance ! !
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Mac Catalina(10.15.7), RasPi4B (TwisterOS-8/2023update) & MS Wnds10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Works for me after restarting the application. During the same session, the decrypted library remains editable.
The attached file has a macro Module1>Hello_World in encrypted library "Library1" with password "villeroy" created with AOO 4.1.14 under LInux.
Attachments
Hello_World.odt
(13.51 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
alf50

Post by alf50 »

Villeroy,

The OO writer Macro Library you prepared is password protected and required me to enter your password before I could see the Macro Code.

BUT my OpenOffice Calc Macros remain unprotected. Could you generate a simple OpenOffice Calc Macro Library and protect it to see if you can duplicate the Unprotectable library if you are in the CALC application rather than the WRITER application. Maybe this is an APPLICATION SPECIFIC BUG in OpenOffice 4.1.14

Thanks again for your effort and help
alf50

Post by alf50 »

Villeroy,

Found the problem. I had two "Library1's", one in "MyMacos" area and one under my Program's area. I password protected the wrong one.

Sorry for bothering you.

Again, Thank you for your help ! !
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

:super: :)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice