[Solved] Cannot install or open

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
sparrow

[Solved] Cannot install or open

Post by sparrow »

I had OO installed on my previous computer which died. I never had any issues and I love OO. On my new computer, I have downloaded OO from your website but when I try to open it, I get a message: "This installation pkg could not be opened. verify that the pkg exists and that you can access it, or contact the app vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer pkg." Then, I went to the MS Store and tried to install it from there and get an "error" message. Please tell me how to fix this problem. I use OO a lot and I am lost without it. Thank you.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] Install the correct download for your system -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Open Office 4.1.14 on Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Cannot Install or Open

Post by FJCC »

Try searching for Controlled Folder Access and turning that off temporarily. Then retry the installation.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
DiGro

Post by DiGro »

If you really are on Windows you shouldn't have a "pkg" It should be an .exe file to install.

For instance for English US it would be: Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.14_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe !

Download from here to find your download: https://www.openoffice.org/nl/download/index.html

AOO 4.1.15 (Dutch) on Windows 11. Scanned with Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure)
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

You should really be thinking of retiring OpenOffice and switch to LibreOffice. There are several good reasons to do this, some of which are given here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]