ods file damaged

Just a meeting place for professional offers & requests
Forum rules
Disclaimer: this section of the forum is just a meeting place for professional offers & requests. We do not and cannot insure the liability of the proposal made publicly in the forum or privately after contact has been made in the forum. Therefore, please take up the offers made here at your own risk.
rguanotasig

ods file damaged

Post by rguanotasig »

Saludos Cordiales.

El presente correo es para solicitar ayuda acerca de un archivo .ods que contiene información importante, se realizaron cambios dentro de este archivo y se guardó con normalidad, al querer abrirlo me da un error y no puedo abrir ni visualizar la información.

Agradecería su amable ayuda.

El archivo se encuentra el siguiente link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T9k-Yx ... sp=sharing

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 41.10 en Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Archivo ods dañado

Post by Hagar Delest »

DeepL traduction wrote:Greetings.

This email is to request help about a .ods file that contains important information, changes were made within this file and saved normally, when I want to open it I get an error and I can not open or view the information.

I would appreciate your kind help.
I have provided a traduction of your post. Please continue the discussion in English. Else use the Spanish forum.
Next Spanish post will lead to the deletion of the topic.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: ods file damaged

Post by John_Ha »

It seems that your file has been truncated (cut short - the last part of the file is missing). See how the size of content.xml is not given - I think this is a sign of a truncated file.
See how the file size for content.xml is blank which means the file is truncated
See how the file size for content.xml is blank which means the file is truncated
trunc.png (30.2 KiB) Viewed 8077 times
This probably means that the PC crashed before the file had been completely written. content.xml contains all the spreadsheet data but the last part of it is missing. Also missing is the information required to fully unzip the zip file - this information is the last thing to be written to the file.

However, more than 1MByte of compressed content.xml is available. See [Tutorial] ODF repair tool for a tool which may be able to recover some of content.xml. Some other user here may be able to help you run the tool but I regret I don't have the time.

If that fails, see [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files. It discusses truncated files, the repair tool, and also gives detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file (is there something similar on MacOS and Linux?);

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) find any temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file but which have not yet been deleted;

e) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. d) and e) will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

If you cannot follow the instructions ask someone with more PC skills to help you. Act quickly - the longer you wait the more likely any deleted temporary files are to be overwritten and therefore lost.

If you are using a Solid State Disk (SSD) you will not be able to recover any deleted files - see the Tutorial for why.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.