[Dropped] Slide show using PDF file

Talk about anything at all....
toucango

[Dropped] Slide show using PDF file

Post by toucango »

Using open office presentation I have built 100 page vacation picture file. I then export it to PDF and can read it but only using EDGE. I do not know how EDGE came into play but it occurred after some form of update. I would like to show these PDF files in slide show fashion. I've searched prior post and after 30 minutes decided to ask if this can be done and if so, how.
Thanks, Peter C
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: October 2023: I'll be back in a couple of days; No further posts
Openoffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: slide show using pdf file

Post by FJCC »

In my version of Edge, when I display a PDF, there is a diagonal double headed arrow near the top right of the window. Clicking that puts the display in PDF Full Screen. That will meet your needs for a slide show, I think.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Re: Slide show using PDF file

Post by Hagar Delest »

Topic moved to General discussion.

Or reset the default application for PDF to the one you used to use.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
toucango

Post by toucango »

Thanks for you replies.

FJCC, yes I can get full screen but can not get a slide show started. May you know what that process should be?

Hagar, I'll try the reset later. Unless the current EDGE application prevents slide show, I do not have major problem with it. I only mentioned it just in case someone knew of it being a problem.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you get full screen, does Page Down/Up key not move the display to the next/previous page? Ditto Right/Left arrow keys.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

toucango wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:44 pm FJCC, yes I can get full screen but can not get a slide show started. May you know what that process should be?
PDF readers do not have slideshow capabilities AFAIK. Once in full screen, you have to advance pages with the keyboard arrows.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
toucango

Post by toucango »

RoryOF: BINGO Thank You - that does work but I was looking for something more automatic. I use 'ACDSee' quite a bit and although I have not used their slide show much, when activated the slide show presentation works its way through the jpg files without manual assistance. My plan is to connect an old lap top with something like the ACDSee slide show to a TV set and let the vacation pictures change automatically. My thought is if anything goes haywire with the process, I would rather have it mess up a pdf file rather the the jpg files.

I can not seem to figure a way to do this & hope this community can help. I guess I was not specific enough with my original request, sorry.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I cannot answer for any automation in PDF files from my own experience. I normally use an Impress presentation, and the rate of advance is depends on the amount of slide=related information to be delivered.

A quick search found this for when using Adobe Reader as the PDF display application
The simplest way of auto-advancing a page I use is:

Open the PDF in Acrobat or Reader

choose Acrobat/Adobe Reader> Preferences> Full Screen and select options to let Acrobat or Reader automatically advance from page to page at a selected interval.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
toucango

Post by toucango »

RoryOF: After several attempts I realize I need to work out some of these steps described in various documentations. I need to revisit the s/w on my computer as it does not appear correct. BTY, are you in Sligo? I am searching the area for family.

Hagar: somehow I lost my Reader which was replaced by EDGE. I am now back w/ Reader.

Thanks everyone, I need to research more and see where I am in a couple of days. I'll be back then.

PeterC
nehavilash

Post by nehavilash »

toucango wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:51 am Using open office presentation I have built 100 page vacation picture file. I then export it to PDF and can read it but only using EDGE. I do not know how EDGE came into play but it occurred after some form of update. I would like to show these PDF files in slide show fashion. I've searched prior post and after 30 minutes decided to ask if this can be done and if so, how.
Thanks, Peter C
Sorry but can you share exported pdf file with us so we can analyze.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14
A004114m1 (Build:9811) - Rev. a0d24fb625
2023-02-08 09:30:40 (Wed, 08 Feb 2023) - Darwin x86_64