[Solved] Problem with header

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
hstiver

[Solved] Problem with header

Post by hstiver »

I am updating a book on Covered Bridges of Pennsylvania. I have a header which has the page number on the right of the header and the county on the left. My problem is that after saving the document, the county names are changed seemingly at random. Sometimes the are changed to the county name from adjoining pages header, sometimes they are blank, and sometimes pages that should be blank such as Table of Content pages have a county name showing up.

Is there something in the program which automatically makes these changes, and, if so, can I turn that off somewhere?. Any thing else might be causing this?

Thanks for any help, Harold
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.15 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Problem with header

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you upload the file somewhere so that we look at it? Attachments in this forum are limited to 128kb.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
hstiver

Post by hstiver »

Hagar Delest wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:22 pm Can you upload the file somewhere so that we look at it? Attachments in this forum are limited to 128kb.
1.jpg
1.jpg (105.05 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
The file is about 100mb. I don't know if a screenshot of a page is any use but it is attached

Thanks
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you make an excerpt showing the problem?
Make a copy, remove the pics.
Note that the field in the header is based on the heading that applies to the first paragraph of the page.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
hstiver

Post by hstiver »

Hagar Delest wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:19 pm Note that the field in the header is based on the heading that applies to the first paragraph of the page.
That is probably the problem. I've moved the info from the heading to the main body, which I'm happy with.

Thanks for taking your time to help. I appreciate it, Harold