[Solved] Show/hide form's objects in unison

Discuss the database features
dvd251996

[Solved] Show/hide form's objects in unison

Post by dvd251996 »

So, I have a form where there are a lot of elements (textboxes, labels…) that can be either hidden or shown in the same macro (enablevisible = true/false). But they do so (either hide or show) one by one, and not all at once, so when there are a lot together to be either shown or hid, it makes kinda like a “cascade” visual effect that is a bit ugly and terribly slow the bigger it is (up to 10 seconds). Is there any way to enable to either hide or show all at once?

My inicitial thoughts were an option to disable the graphics’ refresh, then reactivate it once the macro was finished in order not to show the cascade effect but coulnt find any method for that.

I also noticed that if at the beginning of the macro there’s a “msgbox”, the graphic refresh is instantaneous (but it may be and impression).

Edit: Changed subject, was Slowness hiding/showing objects 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] since cross-posting at Ask LibreOffice is solved -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Libreoffice 6.2.3.2 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Show/hide form's objects in unison

Post by robleyd »

Seems to be a cross posting of https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/95911/2

If you cross post, please let us know that you have done so, otherwise it leads to several discussions and a waste of time because several identical answers may be posted by different users.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers