[Solved] Unable to print envelopes from database

Discuss the database features
WesternWanderer

[Solved] Unable to print envelopes from database

Post by WesternWanderer »

It was suggested I ask this question on the Base forum.

I am printing envelopes and have used OO for some years to do this. Always I have problems with selecting the database but it usually resolves with a few tries through 'exchange database'. This time it refuses to define any of the DB on the list or even going through browse to re select the same db showing on the 'db in use' in the selection box. It repeatedly says this file does not exist. Any ideas?

Edit: WesternWanderer first created topic Cannot select database when printing envelopes on MacOS 10 in the Writer forum where I said: If the database won't open, you will need to resolve that problem before you can hope to use it for Mail Merge. Open a topic in the Base forum if your database won't open.
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator, 2023-09-14  
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] by WesternWanderer in topic 110510 -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Open office 4.1.3 Mac OS 10.13.6
WesternWanderer

Unable to print envelopes from data base

Post by WesternWanderer »

Now able to print envelopes after managing to find a Libre version that would work. I have Mac High Sierra and tried Libre 7.4 and 7.2 before finding 7 will work. I could eventually open my database created in Open Office and use it to print.

Edit: This response was merged here from another topic to prevent duplication of responses to WesternWanderer's problem. I don't know if they need additional help with their problem or not.
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator  
Open office 4.1.3 Mac OS 10.13.6