[Solved] Unexpected token UNIQUE, requires COLLATION in statement [SET DATABASE UNIQUE]

Discuss the database features
dougcb68re

[Solved] Unexpected token UNIQUE, requires COLLATION in statement [SET DATABASE UNIQUE]

Post by dougcb68re »

Computer Configuration:
Acer Aspire 5
Linux Mint 21.2 OS
LibreOffice version 7.3.7.2

In migrating to the new computer specified above I encountered a problem moving
my (nominally) portable split Base database. Every time I attempt to access the database
through loading a form or directly accessing a table I get the following error Message:

"The connection to the data source "ManageDocs" could not be established.
error in script file line: 1 Unexpected token UNIQUE, requires COLLATION in
statement [SET DATABASE UNIQUE] ,/connectivity/source/drivers/jdbc/
Object.oo:175"

The information in the BASE main screen status bar is:
JDBC
hsqldb:file:////home/doug68/1/realEstate/SanBlasPrppLLC/documents/[0000]ManageDocs/mydb;
default_schema=true;
shutdown=true;
hsqldb.deFault_table_type=cached;
get_column_name=False
SA

The results of web searches on this error message focus on incorrect versions of the
hsqldb.jar file. I have tried to use every version of this file that I could locate (ver: 1.8.0.10;
ver: 2.0.0; ver: 2.2.4; ver: 2.2.6; ver: 2.2.7; ver: 2.2.8; ver: 2.2.9; ver: 2.3.0; ver:2.3.1;
ver: 2.3.2; ver: 2.3.3; ver: 2.3.4; ver: 2.3.5; ver: 2.3.6; ver: 2.4.0; ver: 2.4.1; ver: 2.5.0;
ver: 2.5.1; ver: 2.5.2; ver: 2.6.0; ver: 2.6.1; ver: 2.7.0; ver: 2.7.1; ver: 2.7.2) without success, so
clearly the solution does not lie in this direction.

A couple of years ago, when LibreOffice version 6 was released I attempted to update to that version
and had the same problem. After some futile attempts to resolve the issue I simply reverted to
LO Version 5 and have been happily using that configuration ever since. This does not seem to be an
option on the new machine because when I install LO Version 5 it does not work. It installs fine,
but when I start the program the LO v.5 splash screen appears briefly on the monitor, the spinner spins
for a few seconds, then nothing. This happens even when I uninstall LO v.7. Very odd!

I did manage to install both LO v.6 and v.5 on a third machine (Lenovo Thinkpad, Linux Mint Cinnamon
v. 20). My application works perfectly on LO v.5 on that machine and throws the same error using LO v.6.

Using the procedure I found at: viewtopic.php?t=61183, I created a
new split database using LO v.6, which works perfectly in both V.6 and V.7 but I have not been able to
discover any convenient way to transfer the forms, tables and macros from the V.5 application into the
new structure. I can run both the v.5 and v.6 databases simultaneously on the Lenovo machine but a
simple copy/paste of elements from one to the other has not succeeded.

A zipped copy of my application (3 MB) with dummy data can be downloaded from my web server at:
https://sbpllc.org/zip/ManageDocs_SB.zip if that might prove useful.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you may share.
Last edited by dougcb68re on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
LibreOffice 7.3.7.2 on Linux mint 21.2
dougcb68re

Re: Unexpected token UNIQUE, requires COLLATION in statement [SET DATABASE UNIQUE]

Post by dougcb68re »

I uninstalled LO version 7.3.72 (flatpak) that came with the Mint version 21.2 distro and replaced it with LO version 7.6. My application now works flawlessly. Mine is not the reason why....
LibreOffice 7.3.7.2 on Linux mint 21.2