[Workaround] Is there a Dark Mode (Mac)?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Akula67

[Workaround] Is there a Dark Mode (Mac)?

Post by Akula67 »

I have eye issues where any light/white color gives me a migraine, so I need a dark mode.

I did find Preferences > OpenOffice > Appearance and changed both the Document Background and Application Background to Gray 8. However, only the document is dark gray, the surrounding "application" is still white-ish and hurts my eyes.

Help please!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Workaround provided
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Mac Ventura 13
MrProgrammer

Re: Is there a Dark Mode (Mac)?

Post by MrProgrammer »

Akula67 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:24 pm Is there a Dark Mode?
No, OpenOffice has no dark mode.

Akula67 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:24 pm I have eye issues where any light/white color gives me a migraine, so I need a dark mode.
Investigate  → System Settings → Accessibility → Display, especially Invert Colors, but possibly other settings could help. Try them.
If you enable  → System Settings → Accessibility → Shortcut → Invert Display Color you can toggle Invert Colors with ^⌥⌘8.

Invert Colors is a MacOS setting so it affects every appplication but you can easily turn it on and off. Perhaps it will make using the forum better for you since the web pages are quite bright.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).