[Solved] LibreOffice Error SAXException

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
tigellino89

[Solved] LibreOffice Error SAXException

Post by tigellino89 »

Hi everyone,
i'm losing hope to recover my wife's work for her graduation thesis, so i'm asking for your help.
I found same similar error searching in the forum, so i tried to follow the tutorial but i could not solve with the xml editor, i cannot go on when i open the xml file because i just find 3 lines.
xml editor.png
xml editor.png (14.66 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
when i try to open the file:
SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:themeColor redefined

SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:themeColor redefined
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 41468(riga,col).

the file can be downloaded here : https://we.tl/t-Apg8ZqM0ZM?utm_campaign ... TRN_TDL_05

p.s sorry for my english anyway.
any suggestion?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
libreoffice 7.5.5.2 (X86_64)
Windows 10 Pro
RoryOF

Re: Libre Office Error SAXException

Post by RoryOF »

Please give me an email address to which I can sens a repaired file. I have recovered 64 pages.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

You are opening the wrong file - the errors are in word/document.xml. Search for w:themeColor="accent1" w:themeColor="accent1" and replace with w:themeColor="accent1"; there should be five instances.

As you don't seem to have a backup of this presumably important document, may I suggest you install and use the Timestamped backup extension, which will allow you to make multiple, timestamped backups of your document. Note that this must be invoked separately from your normal Save.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
tigellino89

Post by tigellino89 »

RoryOF wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:47 pm Please give me an email address to which I can sens a repaired file. I have recovered 64 pages.
thank you so much. i wrote you a pm.
robleyd wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:49 pm You are opening the wrong file - the errors are in word/document.xml. Search for w:themeColor="accent1" w:themeColor="accent1" and replace with w:themeColor="accent1"; there should be five instances.

As you don't seem to have a backup of this presumably important document, may I suggest you install and use the Timestamped backup extension, which will allow you to make multiple, timestamped backups of your document. Note that this must be invoked separately from your normal Save.
thanks for the answer, i'll try!
Windows 10 Pro
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I have sent the file, but my ISP can be uncertain about large file attachments. Please let me know if you have received it.
tigellino89

Post by tigellino89 »

RoryOF wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:42 pm I have sent the file, but my ISP can be uncertain about large file attachments. Please let me know if you have received it.
thank you so much!! my wife is going crazy with joy :D :D :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
she thanks you with all her heart :)
Windows 10 Pro
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] LibreOffice Error SAXException

Post by RoryOF »

I am reminded by another Forum Volunteer that LibreOffice made many alterations to code to pevent such errors.

You would be well advised to ensure your wife is running the latest stable version of LibreOffice, AND is maintaining a timed/dated backup, as earlier suggested in this thread.