[Solved] Mark a topic as [Solved]

Let us know how we are doing -
Hrodlandson

[Solved] Mark a topic as [Solved]

Post by Hrodlandson »

How in blue blazes can I put [solved] in a subject line of a post I've made. Do I have to turn 6 times widdershins to get an edit prompt or whatever?
(I strongly believe this is a very weak link in the forum interface. A right click in the subject box ought to bring up an edit option.)

Edit: Changed subject, was Ok so I'm as dense as a granite curb stone 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows Vista(SonyEqCo)
MrProgrammer

Mark a topic as [Solved]

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hrodlandson wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:33 pm How can I put [Solved] in a subject line of a post I've made?
This difficulty occurs when you do not read (or if you forget content in) the Survival Guide where it explains what to do. There's a picture with an arrow and a red box to highlight the Edit button. Many forum volunteers include a summary of this information in their reply, as I do, below. If you find the procedure to be difficult, just reply in the topic that the problem is solved and a moderator will mark the topic for you. For consistency we prefer [Solved] over Solved or [solved] or (Solved). If you use one of the latter, a moderator will change it later. You can practice with this topic.

Hrodlandson wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:33 pm A right click in the subject box ought to bring up an edit option.
The forum uses off-the-shelf software for the website. We can only provide the tools that the PHPBB software provides.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).