[Solved] 500 records in table; only 40 in form view

Discuss the database features
boingo333

[Solved] 500 records in table; only 40 in form view

Post by boingo333 »

Hi There,
I'm a newbee with a problem. I have installed my old MS database to Open Office Base. I have verified the connection but only see 40 entries in the form view. There are 500 entries in the table view. I used the wizard to do this. I don't know if this would be a field configuration issue but, any bread crumbs would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
boingo

Edit: Changed subject, was Migrate from MS Access Problem 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office Version 4.1.14 running on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Migrate from MS Access Problem

Post by robleyd »

I believe Base will only show the first 40 records in the form; try navigating through the records with e.g. the arrows at the bottom of the form.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

When Base first loads a long data set like yours it initially only loads a small subset of the data, usually about 40 or 50 rows of data. As you scroll down it gradually adds rows.
If you scroll down 100 rows or so and then scroll up, OO Base gets confused and displays all the rows with the same data!
To get things synchronized again simply jump to the last record (the button on the navigation bar with a right arrow and a vertical bar).
Then it will display the actual row count on the navigation bar and scrolling works correctly

I believe that annoyance has been fixed in Libre Office Base. https://www.libreoffice.org/download/do ... breoffice/
If you are new to Open Office I suggest you try Libre Office which It is based on Open Office but is more actively maintained,
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

If you are thinking of switching you might find the following helpful: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
Last edited by LastUnicorn on Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
boingo333

Post by boingo333 »

Thank you for your help. I decided to install LibreOffice and I am happy with the results. I now have all of my records available. Life is GOOD!
boingo333

Post by boingo333 »

One other thing, I have a URL field in my database. Is there a way to activate that field so that a mouse click in the field opens the URL in the default web browser? Thanks in advance!
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

boingo333 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:28 pm One other thing, I have a URL field in my database. Is there a way to activate that field so that a mouse click in the field opens the URL in the default web browser? Thanks in advance!
Hyperlink buttons for files, emails and other URLs
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice