[Dropped] Save documents directly to OpenOffice application

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Creenative

[Dropped] Save documents directly to OpenOffice application

Post by Creenative »

I am brand new to Open Office. When I save a file my Windows 11 doesn't show the Open Office file to save the files in.. I can save to everything else. Is there any way to save my documents right IN open office. I don't want them on the desktop or One Drive (what ever that is) or anything else.. I need them saved in the program.. OR can I make a file on my drive to save them in.

Edit: Changed subject, was Saving Documents 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Dropped: No response from Creenative to questions
Open Office 4.1.14 on Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Saving Documents

Post by FJCC »

You can make a folder to save your files in. The default location for saving is probably the Documents folder on your local drive, though I don't have Windows 11 and I can't be sure. You can save your files there or make a sub folder in Documents. To check what the default location is for saving OpenOffice files, go to the menu item Tools -> Options, expand the OpenOffice list on the left and click Paths. The path listed next to My Documents is the default location for storing your files.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You cannot save in the application. That would be too dangerous anyway (imagine an upgrade: all the program files are replaced).

Can you explain why you don't want your files to be elsewhere?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

When I save a file my Windows 11 doesn't show the Open Office file to save the files in.. I can save to everything else.
Do you mean the OpenOffice FILE TYPES? That is the ODF: .odt for the Writer application, .ods for the spreadsheets, .odp for the presentations, .odg for the vectorgraphic drawing.

And you can save your documents where you want to do... (But NOT recommended to save the DOCUMENTS into the APPLICATION folder (nor any other PROGRAM FOLDER). And not recommended to work on a removable device directly.
Use (create ) a folder in the Documents folder or on a secondary HDD (it can be named as "OpenOffice"- if you want it.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.