[Solved] Help with toolbars

Discuss the word processor
Teknogamer

[Solved] Help with toolbars

Post by Teknogamer »

I apologize if this is overly simple but I'm really not understanding how to customize toolbars. I right click, hit customize, click buttons that I want visible, hit ok, and they are still not there. Additionally, I tried just making a custom toolbar to add on the buttons I need, but only one button was visible, and I see no means of extending the toolbar to make it longer (so as to be able to display all the buttons). I can use a 4 arrowed cursor to move it, but a two arrowed cursor, to extend it, never appears.
(If it's relevant I was trying to make left to right and right to left visible on the formatting toolbar, and tried to make a new toolbar for record macro, stop record macro, and organize macros).

Thanks!
Last edited by Teknogamer on Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.14
Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Help with toolbars

Post by FJCC »

To make the left-to-right and right-to-left icons accessible, I think you have to go to the menu Tools -> Options, expand the Language Settings list on the left, select Languages, and click Show UI Elements For Bidirectional Writing.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Teknogamer

Re: Help with toolbars

Post by Teknogamer »

That worked! Thanks!
I think that sort of answers my question about extending toolbars, there's no manual way to do it as the program does it automatically, here also it would have worked, if not for some setting that hid these two icons (i.e. it wasn't for lack of room).
Open Office 4.1.14
Windows 11