Corrupt .ods File

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Lanek01

Corrupt .ods File

Post by Lanek01 »

I have a file (attached) that got corrupt somehow which I could with recovering. I've tried various free programs online but to no avail. Can anyone help? Unfortunately, I've no backups and the setting for backups was not set within OpenOffice.
Attachments
Instructions 2023-24.ods
(38.38 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
OpenOffice 4.1.14
robleyd

Re: Corrupt .ODS File

Post by robleyd »

I regret that there is nothing salvageable in that file.

As soon as possible try the methods in this tutorial for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file.

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This may recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Corrupt .ods File

Post by Zizi64 »

The .ods (and all of the ODF files) are ZIP archives really with directories and files inside. (just rename the extension a copy of a NOT CORRUPT file and try to open them as a .zip archive.)

Even the ZIP archive of your sample file is corrupt. I can not open/extract it.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.