[Dropped] Freezing of uploading procedure

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
gemwood43@gmail.com

[Dropped] Freezing of uploading procedure

Post by gemwood43@gmail.com »

I'm running Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 on my apple desk computer, and lately am experiencing “freezing” of uploading procedure, of an edited daily document to icloud for back-up purposes. Dose anyone know how to “unfreeze”?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No explanation from gemwood43@gmail.com about "uploading procedure"
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on macOS Ventura 13.4
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Freezing

Post by Bidouille »

Already 160 posts about this question: search.php?keywords=freez*&fid%5B0%5D=17
MrProgrammer

Re: Freezing

Post by MrProgrammer »

gemwood43@gmail.com wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:43 am “freezing” of uploading procedure
I have no idea what you mean by uploading procedure, thus I cannot help with that problem until you explain in detail:
• what you do,
• what happens, and
• what you expect to happen.

gemwood43@gmail.com wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:43 am … document to icloud …
Mac FAQ Q63/A63: Can I use OpenOffice with iCloud?

gemwood43@gmail.com wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:43 am [Does] anyone know how to “unfreeze”?
Perhaps you have an intermittent problem with your internet service. That is not an OpenOffice problem. Perhaps there was an Apple service outage for iCloud or for backups. That is not an OpenOffice problem. If you work on a document which is stored locally on your Mac (see Q63/A63), your OpenOffice work is not affected by your internet service or by Apple service outages.
Apple service outages are at unacceptable level given the importance of the ecosystem
9 to 5 Mac wrote:The number of Apple service outages lately seems to have risen to the point where they’ve become almost routine. … Let’s look just at Apple service outages and issues in the four-and-a-bit months of the year to date – and these are just the examples found by a quick search of [the 9 to 5 Mac] site, which only reports the more widespread problems:
   [List of 14 outages in 2023]
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).