[Dropped] Line styles do not have a dotted pattern

Talk about anything at all....
Elena

[Dropped] Line styles do not have a dotted pattern

Post by Elena »

стиль линии не имеет пунктирной линии.
Здравствуйте! у мня стоит новая версия опен офис 4.1.14 ОС виндос 7. Вопрос в том что я не могу изменить стиль линии. Мне нужно сделать разлиновку листа пунктирной линией, и в стилях нет такой линии. как решить этот вопрос. Благодарю за ответ.

DeepL translation:
Hello! I am running the new version of Open Office 4.1.14 on Windows 7. The issue is that I cannot change the line style. I need to make a dotted line sheet, and there is no such line in the styles. how to solve this issue. Thank you for your reply.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon May 15, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No response from Elena to questions -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.14 Windows 7
robleyd

Re: The line style does not have a dotted line.

Post by robleyd »

Please note this is an English language forum.

You don't mention what component of OpenOffice you are using. If it is Writer:
1. Select a line drawing object in a document.
2. Choose Format - Drawing Object - Line and click the Line Styles tab.
3. Specify the line options that you want.

If you are using Draw, the process is very similar:
1. Select a line drawing object in a document.
2. Choose Format - Line and click the Line Styles tab.
3. Specify the line options that you want.

linedots.png
linedots.png (56.38 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
MrProgrammer

Re: The line style does not have a dotted line

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. This is an English language forum. I ignored the text in Russian. Thank you for the translation.
Elena wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:05 am The issue is that I cannot change the line style. I need to make a dotted line sheet, and there is no such line in the styles.
You have not told us which component of OpenOffice you're asking about. Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, and so on all have different features. We need to know which component you are having trouble with. A moderator will then move your topic from Beginners to the correct forum where you will find people who have experience with that component.

There are many different ways in OpenOffice to make something which one might call a line. For some, one can use dotted lines. For others one cannot use dotted lines. We need to know which feature you are asking about. Attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). I will not help further unless you attach. Explain which line in your attachment you would like to change.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).