[Solved] Minimize presenter mode to use other applications

Discuss the presentation application
sausiex

[Solved] Minimize presenter mode to use other applications

Post by sausiex »

It was easy to minimise powerpoint and continue either using a browser or using word etc. this is an invaluable tool when there is no remote control for the projector otherwise you are trapped in presenter mode. Does anyone know the solution because its not obvious?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
open office 4 latest OS windows 11
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: minimising impress when extending the display to work on other applications

Post by Zizi64 »

On Windows 10: press Alt-TAB, and choose one of the running applications. The Impress slide show goes to background and the choosen application goes to the foreground.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
sausiex

Re: Minimizing Impress in presenter mode to work on other applications

Post by sausiex »

Thank you. Yes i have tried that. but what i was after is a similar functionality to office, where you press x in presentation mode and the projector keeps displaying the main slide but returns your desktop screen so that you can open apps, move files, basically do more. now i have to preempt my usage and open apps before going into presenter mode.
open office 4 latest OS windows 11
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Minimizing Impress in presenter mode to work on other applications

Post by Zizi64 »

You can set the Presentation Mode to "In a window" in the SlideShow Settings (the screenshot was created in the LibreOffice):
SlideShivInWindow.png
SlideShivInWindow.png (18.97 KiB) Viewed 3364 times

It will run the Impress Editor Window. You can swich off the Sidebar and the Toolbars manually or by a macro.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: minimising impress when extending the display to work on other applications

Post by Hagar Delest »

Zizi64 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:52 am On Windows 10: press Alt-TAB, and choose one of the running applications. The Impress slide show goes to background and the choosen application goes to the foreground.
+1.
I just tried on my Windows machine with both PowerPoint 2016 and LibreOffice and it behaves exactly the same: Alt+Tab to another application and you will get your desktop back. Having merely the Explorer open is enough. You don't need to open the applications you need before launching the presentation.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10