[Solved] LibreOffice on Mac - Tools/Options missing

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Nocton
Volunteer

[Solved] LibreOffice on Mac - Tools/Options missing

Post by Nocton »

I am sharing a Calc spreadsheet with a friend who uses an Apple Mac laptop. Because of changes to the Mac OS, she has now had to move to using LibreOffice as OpenOffice is apparently no longer compatible. The move went OK and spreadsheet working OK. However, she needs to change the security options and add a Trusted Source. So I told her how to do it as it shows on my PC running LO on Windows 10. However, when she checks Tools on her Mac there is no Options choice! A web search suggests it is something to do with how Apple organise preferences, but as I have never used an Apple and she, although a long time Apple user, cannot understand what she needs to do to get to Options, and as the LO Help on my PC is no help, can someone please tell us how to sort out the problem?

Note I did look at ask.libreoffice.org but it is not well-organised like this fourm and I couldn't get much out of it.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: LibreOffice on Mac - Tools/Options missing

Post by MrProgrammer »

Nocton wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:17 pm However, when she checks Tools on her Mac there is no Options choice!
She (and you!) should learn to use OpenOffice Help where this is explained for her. Help → First Page (icon at top)
FirstPage.png
FirstPage.png (39.32 KiB) Viewed 4057 times
Then Menus → ToolsOptions says
ToolsOptions.gif
ToolsOptions.gif (35.12 KiB) Viewed 4106 times

Nocton wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:17 pm She, although a long time Apple user, cannot understand what she needs to do to get to Options
The standard Mac shortcut to access an application's "settings" dialog is ⌘, (Command+Comma) and this is what OpenOffice uses as well.

Direct her to the Mac FAQ tutorial: Q00: Where is Tools → Options on a Mac? It explains how to add Tools → Options on a Mac so that it's easy to find when this path is mentioned in the Help system or on the Wiki or or on the forum. Then she can use either method.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).