How do you match the form style after inserting a new field?

Creating and using forms
Lee247

How do you match the form style after inserting a new field?

Post by Lee247 »

Ok, so I was able to add a new field into an existing Form but his new field does not match the form style I originally selected when creating this Form.
How can I make this field match the rest of my Form?
Can you please help?
(screenshot attached)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.72 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
Open Office 4.1.13
FJCC

Re: How do you match the form style after inserting a new field?

Post by FJCC »

Have you tried to Copy and Paste an existing control and then change its data source details?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

You can change a number of the properties of the new field by selecting the field (in edit mode), right click and select Control.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

You can make the desired changes following the advice from robleyd
It appears the specific properties you need to change are
Border, it appears you have a flat border on that control while the others are 3D
Background color, probably Gray 2, but you can verify that by selecting one of the other controls on the form to see what the Background color is on it.
You may need to scroll down on the list of Properties because those two are near the bottom of a list of as many as 36 properties.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Lee247

Post by Lee247 »

robleyd wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:28 am You can change a number of the properties of the new field by selecting the field (in edit mode), right click and select Control.
Ok, I tried this but the "Year" is not looking the same as the other field titles.
How can I select the title & field box separately so they don't look the same?
Attachments
Year_Field.PNG
Year_Field.PNG (22.38 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
Open Office 4.1.13
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

You can use Ctrl + Click to select the label or the control individually.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Another approach is to right click on the control and select Group from the menu. In your case Properties:Multiselection will have 2 Group options:
Ungroup disconnects all the controls in that group and they become independent of each other.
Edit Group allows you to temporarily edit individual members of the group but once you click outside the grouped controls the group remains intact.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Lee247

Post by Lee247 »

FJCC wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:12 am Have you tried to Copy and Paste an existing control and then change its data source details?
Yes, I tried to copy & paste, then edit but I'm not sure how to rename it so far.
Open Office 4.1.13
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

On the General tab of a Control Properties dialog the Name is used for designer identification purposes and has no other significance. The Name can be anything that makes sense to you.
Some controls like Label and Push Button controls have a Label property in addition to a Name. That Label is actually displayed on the form.
On the Data tab of a Control Properties dialog is where you can choose a Data field from the list of available fields in your data source.