[Solved] Add new column data from a Table with already created Form

Creating and using forms
Lee247

[Solved] Add new column data from a Table with already created Form

Post by Lee247 »

Hello,

I created a new Table then I created a new Form using that Table.
Then I added a new column in that existing Table.
Now I want to be able to add that new column data into the existing Form I already created.
Can you please help?

Kindly,
-J
(unsolved until status is changed)
Last edited by Lee247 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 4.1.13
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How to add a new column data from a Table once you have already created the Form?

Post by Villeroy »

Databases grow row by row. You never add any columns during normal operation. Your table design is faulty.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/offic ... escription
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Hagar Delest

Re: How to add a new column data from a Table once you have already created the Form?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Lee247 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:46 pm (unsolved until status is changed)
I have removed your [unsolved] tag from your topic title.
Instead of editing your title, please tell what is wrong with the previous answer that has been posted. It may be some misunderstanding. You may have to better explain what you are trying to achieve.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Lee247

Post by Lee247 »

I don't think the previous response understands what I'm trying to achieve.
Once a Table has been created, you can go back and add a new column for additional data in "Edit" mode.
However, this new column does not appear in the existing Form I created prior to adding a new column in the Table.
I do understand that I can just create a new Form to include all the fields up to date but I want to know if there is another way to add a new field into the existing Form.
Rather than dismissing my Table as "faulty", someone must to understand what I am trying to do here.
Therefore, I will wait until somebody actually understands what I am talking about.
I don't want anyone to just assume my query has been resolved just because I got a response.
Thanks.
-J
Open Office 4.1.13
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

You may need to put the form into Design mode to allow editing:
baseform.png
baseform.png (32.21 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Or open it in edit mode via right click from the top level of your database file.
baseform2.png
baseform2.png (23.47 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

• then rightclick onto the cross-area:
    IC.png
    IC.png (14.38 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
  • Then rightclick on the new column-> Column... -> TAB Data to enter the tables new column as datasource for that field.
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

View>Toolbars>"Form Design" has a button "Add Field" which allows you to drag a field name directly into a form which creates a new column in a table control or a grouped pair of label and edit box as stand-alone control.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Lee247

Re: [Solved] How to add a new column data from a Table once you have already created the Form?

Post by Lee247 »

Thank you everyone to all those who responded and helped me. Much appreciate it.
Open Office 4.1.13